Announcing the Casa Lightning Node
Update: Casa Node software is no longer maintained; we recommend looking at other build-your-own node projects.
The easiest way to use Lightning available today.
Greetings from Michael Borglin and Thomas Connors of the Lightning Ramp team!
Today we are pleased to finally reveal two big secrets:
- We joined Casa a few months ago!
- We built Casa Lightning Node, the easiest way to use Lightning available today. (PRE-ORDER now. We’re releasing only 100 to the public!)
Building the Best Possible Lightning Experience
In February 2018 we released Lightning Ramp, a system for connecting exchanges to the Lightning network, with the goal of bringing the Lightning Network to millions of people as soon as possible.
While building this project, we uncovered many barriers preventing broad Lightning adoption. Building a Lightning node device solves many of those problems, but it also creates a new problem around key management.
When we met the Casa team, we were surprised to find that they previously built (but did not release) a multi-chain personal device in Q3 2017. They learned that without better key management software, personal node devices are at risk of being attacked. That’s why they focused 100% on building the best personal key manager on the planet first.
By joining Casa, we combined our expertise in Lightning with their deep key management and security expertise.
Together, we’re now releasing Casa Lightning Node, the best way to run Lightning and Bitcoin at your home or in your office!
Why should I get a Casa Lightning Node?
Because it’s the easiest way to use Lightning today!
1) Experience the first full-featured, pre-assembled Lightning device:
- Take full control — your Node has no reliance on Casa servers.
- Easy plug-and-play setup. No coding experience required!
- Pre-synced with Bitcoin for fast activation.
- Beautiful, web-based interface for Node management.
- Both make AND receive payments.
- Open and close custom channels with other nodes.
- Boost your liquidity with Autopilot channel management.
Check out our node page to learn more. We’ll be releasing more information about features over the next few weeks.
How can I get a Casa Lightning Node?
Are you a Casa client?
Good news! You receive a Casa Lightning Node as part of your membership!
Not a Casa client?
That’s ok! We’re making 100 devices available to the community on day one. Orders start TODAY and ship in October. Pay with Bitcoin or credit card.
We’re excited to bring easy Lightning Network access to everyone!
Follow Casa on Twitter for news on Lightning, keys and more.