Casa Node Update - August 7, 2019
Update: Casa Node software is no longer maintained; we recommend looking at other build-your-own node projects.
Today's update includes a variety of changes that address user requests and issues. Since it's a real smorgasbord of features and bug fixes, I've written it all in one wall of text below for your enjoyment.
The update will become available on your nodes later today.
- We've made the Sats App connection codes more prominent, so there is less confusion about which codes to scan to connect your node to Sats App.
- You can now click on a pending invoice request to get the invoice code again. This one's helpful for us multitaskers that copy the code to send to someone, get distracted by some shiny object or notification, then realize 15 minutes later that we never sent that payment code.
- Improved error messages in many different areas of the node dashboard. Most errors should now be helpful for humans to read, not just our computer overlords.
- Added a shutdown page that makes it more clear when it's ok to unplug your node after clicking Shut Down in the Settings menu.
- Unblocked the "Resync from Casa" button in the Bitcoin node menu when a user has a corrupted chain state. You can now properly resync from the UI when needed.
- Docker improvements to make things run faster after the Casa Node is turned on or restarted.
- Added autosizing to fonts in the autopilot settings. Because everything about autopilot should be automatic. Also, it's great to be able to read the numbers you're typing even when they're larger than 4 digits long.
- Fixed some small UI bugs like number alignments and random browser toggle buttons on amounts.
Ready to experience the Lightning Network?
Get a Casa Node today! Casa Node is the easiest way to run Lightning and Bitcoin and now comes with Casa Gold:
As a Gold member, you’ll receive:
- a Casa Node
- Sats App on iOS or Android to connect to your Casa Node on the go!
- 2-of-3 Basic Multisig using Keymaster on iOS or Android
- a Trezor One hardware wallet to use with Keymaster App
- a Casa Faraday Bag
- Unlimited Recovery Signings
- Direct Email Support from Casa